Thursday, May 24, 2007

Metis Card

My card comes up for renewal in November but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna let it lapse or whatever the expression is. I don't need a card to tell me who my ancestors are. I don't have a card that says I'm French-Canadian or Danish-Canadian, German-Canadian and the list goes on. I have a passing familiarity with my family tree so I don't need a card to tell me who I am or where I came from.

Also I have no clue what's the point behind having a Metis card is anyway. I know I could get a harvesting card that would let me hunt and fish out of "white man" season with it but aside from that I have no use for it. It's just another thing for me to pay for and renew. So unless anyone more "enlightened" than me on this subject can give me a good reason to keep it I'm letting it lapse.

And that's my soap box moment for today;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home